The grade II* listed Offerton Hall is in many ways the classic north Derbyshire manor house and an outlier of the Domesday manor of Hathersage. The Hall has a medieval core but is dated 1658 (celebrating Ralph Glossop, of Offerton, marriage to Elizabeth, daughter of Dr. Jeremy Ward, of Ashop). It is of ashlar and coursed rubble gritstone with quoins, coped gables and, moulded kneelers, intermediate ridge stacks of ashlar and brick, the stack to the main range with a moulded cap and is roofed in stone-slate.
Utilising nineteenth century archive photographs, Bench Architects designed and specified extensive masonry repairs including ameliorated of the alterations made in 1957 by F.A. Saunders of Sheffield. Saunders had enlarged three windows and installed French-windows onto the east gable.
The completed repairs are featured in the Peak District National Park Authority’s 2007 Design Guide.