‘Top Lodge’ is grade II listed and is one of two lodges serving Cressbrook Hall. Built in 1843 by Weightman and Hadfield, it comprises coursed squared limestone walls with gritstone dressings and vermiculated quoins. The roof consists of chamfered fish-scale Welsh slates and stone coped gables with moulded kneelers and ball finials. There is a large central cluster of four stone chimney stacks.
The work comprised the repair and refurbishment of the lodge, landscape works and the construction of an En-suite Bathroom / Utility Room out of the existing cellar and a ‘glazed’ Master Bedroom in the lower walled yard area of the house. The structural-glass master bedroom has radio controlled motorized adjustable louvres within the glass cavity to create night-time blackout. Former privy reconstructed into a Plant Room with slate roof, masonry walls and oak boarded screen with Stainless Steel fixings.